Thursday, June 5, 2014

To Read - June




Hey Guys!
(first up, I apologize that this wasn't up yesterday)

So school is almost over, (a week from today!!!) which frees up a lot of my time to do as I please.

Ah yes, summer reading. Something I think we all take for granted, but absolutely love doing. 

So for this month, I've pulled two books off the shelf. (Let me know if you'd like to see a review after I finish them)  I'm going to pull the summaries from the internet to get the most accurate sum up for you all. So without any further ado, lets begin.


Paper Towns by John Green

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life–dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge–he follows.
After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues–and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.
*I absolutely love John Green as an author, and the plot interested me, so why not give it a shot?*

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
The story follows 17-year-old Mia as she deals with the aftermath of a catastrophic car accident involving her family. In a coma, Mia has an out-of-body experience, and watches as friends and family gather at the hospital where she is being treated. Mia watches as her memories flash before her eyes as she comes to realize that she must decide if she is to wake up and lead a life far more difficult than she ever anticipated, or to slip away and die. It has received widely positive reviews. A sequel hit shelves in April 2011, entitled Where She Went.
*the movie is coming out soon!!! eep!*

xoxo Kendall

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger