Wednesday, June 25, 2014

First Impressions: Ulta Summer Glam Kit



Hey Guys,

I recently picked up the Ulta Summer Glam Beauty Essentials Kit. (To purchase, click on the Photo) This was $28 and supposedly has a value of $89. The kit revolves around summer-proof products in great summertime colors and allows for the average girl to sample out some high end products.

For each product I'll include the amount given in the sample, a price and link to the Ulta site to buy the full size if you're at all interested, and a small description of my thoughts thus far. So let's begin.


Anastasia Lash Genius (0.11 oz.) Full - $21
First off, I think this is a genius idea. A clear, waterproof topcoat for any mascara? Brilliant! This product goes on beautifully, and yes, is in fact waterproof. However, as time goes on, I found that it got a bit whitish, sort of like globbed up clear nail polish. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. 


Benefit The Porefessional (0.1 fl. oz.) Full - $31
First off, this sample is absolutely TINY! However, the little bit that I was able to use was amazing. It made the skin incredibly smooth and filled in the pores as well as making everything last. Definitely worth the price.

Butter London Nail Lacquer in Snog (0.2 oz.) Full - $15
Honestly, I didn't find this all that much better than any other nail polish that I've tried. The color is a beautiful watermelon shade, but I'd probably skip out next time.

Laura Geller Cool Lids Cream Eye Shadow in Rose Gold Goddess (0.26 fl. oz.) Full - $19
First off, I feel that this shade is barely rose gold. It is more of a metallic mauve, but that's alright I suppose. (I also can't find this shade anywhere. Sorry!) It's very pigmented and long lasted, but is not waterproof. However, I still wear this on a daily basis and it will be great all year.

  • Stila Lip Glaze in Strawberry Lemonade (0.05 fl. oz.) Full - $8
  • This lipgloss comes in a light bubble gum shade. Personally, I find the formula to be a bit to thick and sticky, those some may like that for the lasting power. All up to you.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara (0.16 fl. oz.) Full - $20
*cue angelic singing* I have found the mascara love of my life. It's fantastic. Super black, waterproof, defining and lengthening. Love

  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer (0.14 oz.) Full - $30
  • Yet another product I'm obsessed with. The shade is perfect, the finish is buttery soft and natural. I think this is the best bronzer I've ever tried.

I hope this post showed some of my opinions on some of the products I recently tried out. 

xoxo Kendall



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger