Friday, August 15, 2014

Fashion Chat with Emily Duke

(Photo Credit - Tumblr)

Hey Everyone,

I don't know if you've noticed, but these fashion chats have become quite a regular thing on LEK. These are by far my favorite posts to work on for a number of reasons. I think they're a great way to spread word of your blog as well as make friends and learn more about other fantastic bloggers. 

Never be afraid to approach bloggers. The ones I've spoken to have all been absolutely amazing to talk to and so welcoming to the community, and Emily is no exception.

Emily Duke runs A Lively Blend, a lifestyle blog with absolutely stunning photos. (Seriously, if you're looking for photos to make a mood board, this should be your first stop. Serious photo envy) She was so incredibly easy to talk to and full of advice for anyone who may need it. I definitely suggest checking out her blog. It's a must read.



1. What made you want to start your blog/youtube?
I started my blog a few months after I got married as a way to keep in touch with friends and family. I'd always been into online journaling, ever since the days of Xanga and LiveJournal, took a long hiatus in high school and college, and now it's a part of my daily routine!

2. What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
The meaning behind A Lively Blend is the meaning behind why I blog. My space is a representation of all of my different passions melded into one palette, and an avenue for encourage myself and others to live a well-lived life. Hence, A Lively Blend!

3. What advice do you have for new bloggers/youtubers?
Be honestly yourself. In a saturated world of blogs, you don't need to copy what makes other blogs popular to make your voice heard. Bring something new to the table! Stay true to yourself, engage with others, and you'll be rewarded with an amazing community.

4. How would you describe your style?
A cross between basic and bohemian - I'm not afraid to play with bold colors, prints and textures, but I also don't mind a basic striped top or denim.

5. What are 3 essentials in your wardrobe?
A cozy cardigan, my oxfords, and a good pair of statement earrings.

6. Thrifting or buying new?
A little of both! I'm really picky when it comes to clothes, so I'll search high and low for the perfect piece.

7. Do you follow trends? If so, what have been your favorites?
I typically don't follow trends, but I do love all the denim that's back in style - chambray shirts, denim vests, overalls, etc.

8. Who are your fashion inspirations?
If I could steal anybody's closet, it would be Rachel Bilson's.

9. How has your style changed since you’ve started blogging?
I've become more aware of how I dress and have started opting for more essential items that can be updated with seasonal pieces.

10. What’s your best fashion advice?
​Be yourself and have fun!



1 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks so much for having me, Kendall!

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger