Sunday, February 1, 2015

The January Wrap Up


(Photo Credit: Kristen Bryant)

Let me preface this with the fact that I've really been in a slump this past month. I only read 4 books, and DNF'ed 2 others. I blame it mostly on exams and the stresses of the end of the semester, However, I think this will be a better reading month. 

Shatter Me
Tahereh Mafi
3.5 Stars

I went into this book expecting to like it, but not to love it as everyone has told me that the next two are so much better. I would have to say that people were right, and that's a great way to go into the story. I found myself really enjoying the story, but there was nothing mindblowing about it. I will e continuing the series.


Explorer: The Lost Islands
Edited by Kazu Kibuishi
4 Stars

I liked this one better than the Explorer volume that I read last month. Very whimsical, beautiful artwork, and great stories.

Code Name Verity
Elizabeth Wein
4 Stars

Beautiful, heartbreaking, and captivating. The only reason I didn't give this one a full 5 stars was the slight times of boredom scattered throughout, but I'd definitely recommend this one.

The Iron Trial
Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
3 Stars

This was just okay. I like the characters, but it fell flat plotwise and basically felt like a Percy Jackson meets Harry Potter ripoff. I'll be interested in seeing if the next book improves.


Hopefully February will be better.

Kendall

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger