Friday, February 20, 2015

The Book List #1

(Photo Source: Tumblr)


Well hello there,

Long time, no see. I apologize, things have gotten a bit crazy. I've also been having a few computer problems, which makes working on my blog quite frustrating. But have no fear, I have returned.

I have decided to start doing something a bit different when it comes to reviewing books. Instead of doing monthly wrap ups, which I've found to be quite stressful and discouraging, I've taken a page from Sophie's book, and have decided to start doing "book lists". This way, I can make them a lot more loose and when the time is right for me.  Hope you all enjoy!

All The Bright Places 
Jennifer Niven
5 Stars

 This book tore me to pieces. It made me fall in love with yet another fictional boy and made my emotions go all over the place. In my personal opinion, it was a better version of Eleanor and Park. (Review Here) and I very highly recommend it if you're in the mood for a fantastic contemporary with interesting characters and a heartbreaking story.

Why We Broke Up
Daniel Handler
3 Stars

For some reason, I was expecting to really love this book. The ratings weren't that great, so I don't know why, but I was really disappointed. It just was boring and like plenty of other things I had read before. Just very blah.

Maus I
Art Spiegleman
4 Stars

This was a school reading assignment, which was super cool. It's not too often that teachers assign graphic novels for high school assignments. I did really enjoy this one. It was quite a quick read that really packed a punch and had a great story. Definitely check it out.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger