Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fashion Chat with Carson Coyne


Hey Everyone,

Ah yes, another fashion chat. I'm not going to lie, these are some of my absolute favorite posts to put up on my blog. They're definitely a view into the interactive side of blogging. 

I had the opportunity to talk to Carson Coyne, writer of It's Carson Elaine. Carson is a fairly new blogger like myself, but is really getting her name out there and is doing quite well at the moment. She runs a fantastic blog and is super approachable, definitely someone to check out if you haven't already.

1. What made you want to start your blog?
For me, my blog is my outlet. I was going through a time where I was craving a hobby. I needed that place to go where I could forget about everything else and just focus. Writing and photography have always been a passion of mine as well, so put all of those together and you have my blog!

2. What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
Naming my blog was one of the hardest things to do. When I couldn’t figure out what to call it, I asked myself, “well, what is your blog? what will it showcase most?” and the answer ended up being: me. I was going to share so much about my life from very personal moments to what I bought at the drugstore. It’s Carson Elaine.

3. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
I love this question because I am still looking for advice from “veteran bloggers” as I am fairly new to this blogging world myself. From what I’ve learned so far, I would tell a new blogger to stay committed and honest to your readers. I also found that reaching out to other bloggers and offering to guest post got me a lot of success so far. When I find a blog that I absolutely love that has solid traffic and a growing reader-base, I will advertise and pay for a sidebar ad if they are available for other bloggers to get a little more exposure. Try everything and anything. Don’t be afraid!

4. How would you describe your style?
I would describe my style as low maintenance. I want to be comfortable, casual (most days) and stylish without thinking to myself “why did I wear this?”. I’ve been really trying hard during the past year to step up my fashion game. I want to wear more bright colors though, still something I’m working on!

5. What are 3 essentials in your wardrobe?
My three essentials would be my gray maxi skirt, my black strappy sandals, and my denim jacket. Again, I’m all about easy and comfortable!

6. Thrifting or buying new?
Nothing is more exciting than thrifting. I love to shop on a budget and find great pieces for less. I’m not sure if I could pick one or the other, though. Some things… I just would not want to buy at a thrift store! It all depends on the day.

7. Do you follow trends? If so, what have been your favorites?
Honestly, I’m not the best with keeping up with trends. I can’t keep them all straight! I tend to stick with the items that “will always be trending” like a red lip and slicked back ponytail. I’m glad the denim jacket came back - I love mine!

8. Who are your fashion inspirations?
I’ve always loved Lauren Conrad’s fashion sense. I love her laid back and classic style. It all looks very put together when she probably got ready pretty quickly!

9. How has your style changed since you’ve started blogging?
I think blogging has motivated me to try new things. In one of my posts where I talked about the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms, I mentioned that I’m trying to wear brighter lip products. That’s definitely out of my comfort zone but I’ve come a long way!

10. What’s your best fashion advice?
Dress for yourself and no one else! When you’re getting ready in the morning, don’t worry about what others may think of your outfit. Are you comfortable? Do you feel beautiful? That’s all that matters!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger