Friday, August 29, 2014

Fashion Chat with Jen Carrington



Hey Guys,

Ah yes, another one of my absolute favorite posts. I won't drone on about why this time, as I seem to have done that on the last few, and you're probably sick of it. (Yes, Kendall. We get it, you like to interact with people and this is the best way)

Anyways, this time I've had the opportunity to talk to the lovely Jen over the past few weeks. If for some reason you haven't heard of Jen, (why not?) you should really check out her work. Jen is a 22 year old girl who runs Jennypurr, an amazing beauty and lifestyle blog, as well as co-running A Little Opulent, which I've given my fair share of love to. Needless to say, I was really excited to be able to collaborate with Jen to bring this post, as I absolutely love her advice. (and I'm sure you will too)

1. What made you want to start your blog? 
I had been following and reading beauty and lifestyle blogs for a while and back in early 2013 I took the plunge and started Jennypurr. For me, starting my blog was all about finding a creative outlet and connecting with people with similar interests as well.

2. What’s the meaning behind your blog name?
It's super silly - My name if Jennifer and as a crazy cat lady I took a spin on words to create Jennypurr!

3. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
Enjoy yourself! Don't put any pressure on yourself, it's not needed. Create whatever it is you want to create and enjoy the freedom your space brings. Take the time to find your voice and stay true to yourself throughout the process.

4. How would you describe your style?
Very minimal and laid back. My wardrobe is basically just a mix of navy, white, black, and grey. 

5. What are 3 essentials in your wardrobe?
A good pair of jeans, an oxford shirt, a breton top.

6. Thrifting or buying new?
I've never really experimented with thrifting, so buying new for me!

7. Do you follow trends? If so, what have been your favourites?
Rarely, I tend to just wear whatever I feel comfortable with. Style isn't my forte, so I tend to just stick to a simple style all year round.

8. Who are your fashion inspirations?
The Olsen sisters, Alexa Chung, Sofia Coppola.

9. How has your style changed since you’ve started blogging?
As I don't write about style/fashion I wouldn't say it has - apart from just growing up and streamlining my wardrobe down to suit my age more since graduating from university! I can't get away with sweat pants anymore!

10. What’s your best fashion advice?

Find your style and stick to it - or at least I do!


Thanks again to Jen for helping me out with this, and I hope we can again at some point!

Kendall

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger