Saturday, December 6, 2014

I DIDN'T LIKE ELEANOR AND PARK?!?!

(Photo from Pinterest)


Hey Everyone,

I want to preface this post with a quick disclaimer. I have absolutely nothing against this book. I very much see its merit and understand why so many people enjoy it. I do however think it's important to be critical, and I thought this would be some great practice.

I went into this book expecting a lot, if I'm being completely honest. With such a high Goodreads rating and so many rave reviews, I thought I was going to absolutely love this book. That wasn't the case however.

While I enjoyed the anything but typical characters and the quotable moments, I found myself struggling with a few things. First off, (and I didn't notice this until I was almost finished with the book,) you were never allowed to forget certain things. For example, the amount of times it was stated that Park was Asian or Korean was slightly ridiculous. I understand that there aren't very many young adult romances with mixed race relationships, but it was excessive, and I felt slightly weird.

I also had some issues with Eleanor and Park's relationship, specifically their instalove. It seemed like in very little time, the two went from absolutely hating each other, to being insanely in love, and I felt lost for a lot of it. It all seemed to move way too fast for my taste.

Personally, I just didn't really get it. The story was so full of things going on, but at the same time, I felt as though the story didn't progress. I also felt that the ending was both predictable, and didn't give enough information to tie up a stand alone. 

But hey, that's just me.


xx Kendall

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger