Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Off the Shelf : Winger



Well Hello There,

I'm gonna give you all a warning, I'm not sure if this will make any sense whatsoever. Just know that I really loved this book and all I want to do is talk about it. So lets start with the basics.

Winger by Andrew Smith
Retail Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/winger-andrew-smith/1104239947?ean=9781442444935
Pages: 439
Copyright: 2013
Published by: Simon and Shuster

Winger follows Ryan Dean West, a fourteen year old Junior at Pine Mountain Boarding School. As you can imagine, being that young tends to make Ryan Dean into an outcast. The book follows him as he makes his way through life trying to balance school, rugby, and his nonexistent social life. The entire story is hilarious, made even better with the occasional cartoon thrown in a la Ryan Dean's imagination. But I must warn you, the end will definitely make you cry,

I spent a lot of the time reading this book just giggling. The characters are so easy to relate to and you can't help but to side with Ryan Dean. I really felt like I was watching all of this happen from the background and I never wanted to put the book down. I was engrossed in the story and I was really sad to see it end.

Long story short, I rated it 5/5 stars on goodreads and I highly reccommend this book

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger