Monday, December 1, 2014

October + November Wrap Up




Hey Guys!

So since I wasn't around at all last month, I've decided to sort of update you guys on all of the books I've read recently. I must admit that these haven't been the best reading months for me, as I've only read 10 books over both of them. However, I am hoping December will be better. So, I guess I shall get onto all of the books I read.


OCTOBER


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
J.K. Rowling
4 Stars on Goodreads.

I must admit that I'm not over the moon with this series, (though I definitely would be if I read t as a kid), and this book took me forever to get through, but it has been my favorite in the series so far. 


Anna and the French Kiss
Stephanie Perkins
4 Stars on Goodreads

This book was super cute and I'm glad that I picked it up, though it wasn't anything revolutionary, therefore I couldn't give it 5 stars, but I did really like it overall.


Half Bad
Sally Green
3 Stars on Goodreads

I didn't love this book. The overall plot was really interesting, but it didn't really live up to my expectations and felt really rushed. I was confused for a lot of it.

Throne of Glass
Sarah J. Maas
4.5 Stars on Goodreads

I loved this book. I really understand the hype surrounding this series now. It was epic and entertaining and I even got my mom to read it. I couldn't give this a full five stars because throughout the first third or so, I found myself slightly bored. But the rest of it was amazing. I'm in love.


Hollow City
Ransom Riggs
3.5 Stars on Goodreads

Let me start by saying that there really isn't anything wrong with this book and I did quite enjoy it. The only reason I rated it down was because I found myself slightly bored throughout the book.


NOVEMBER
Ender's Game
Orson Scott Card
3 Stars on Goodreads

This may as well be the most confused I've been reading a book since We Were Liars. I read this for school and found myself not liking it as much as I thought I would. I may try to re read it eventually on my own terms. 


Lola and the Boy Next Door
Stephanie Perkins
4 Stars on Goodreads

I felt the same way about this as I did about Anna, though I think I liked Anna a bit better. 


Eleanor and Park
Rainbow Rowell
2 Stars on Goodreads

No. I did not enjoy this book, but I'm not going to go into detail as I'll be writing up an entire post about this.


The Retribution of Mara Dyer
Michelle Hodkin
5 Stars on Goodreads

This is my absolute favorite book series. I feel like I don't need to say anything other than Noah Shaw (and yes, I did get a signed copy). 


The Night Circus
Erin Morgenstern
4.5 Stars on Goodreads

This book was truly an experience. I found myself really intrigued throughout the storyline, but I did find the plot slightly confusing.



So yeah, 10 books. That's not terrible, but I hope to do better within the next few months!

xx Kendall


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Live. Read. Kendall Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger